The determiner is pronounced /ðɪs/. In other cases, this is pronounced 'ðis/. 限定词读作 /ðɪs/,其他情况下在句中作重读。
1 DET (指代先前提及的人或物)这,这个 You use
this to refer back to a particular person or thing that has been mentioned or implied.
(指代先前提及的人或物)这,这个 -
When food comes out of any oven, it should stand a while. During this delay the centre carries on cooking.
食物出炉后都应该静置一会。在此期间,中心部分还在继续加热。
-
On 1 October the US suspended a proposed $574 million aid package for 1991. Of this amount, $250 million is for military purchases.
10 月 1 号,美国暂停了拟议中的一项 1991 年度总计 5.74 亿美元的一揽子援助方案,这其中有 2.5 亿美元是用于军事采购的。
2 PRON (引出将要谈论的人或物)下面(这个),以下 You use
this to introduce someone or something that you are going to talk about.
(引出将要谈论的人或物)下面(这个),以下 This is also a determiner.
3 PRON 这一点(指前一句或几句话中提到的观点或情况) You use
this to refer back to an idea or situation expressed in a previous sentence or sentences.
这一点(指前一句或几句话中提到的观点或情况) -
You feel that it's uneconomic to insist that people work together in groups. Why is this?.
你觉得要求大家分组工作不划算,这是为什么呢?
-
A job is pretty much nine-to-five. Is this what you feel would make you happy?
工作时间多数是朝九晚五,你觉得这样会让你感觉愉快吗?
This is also a determiner.
4 DET (叙述时引出新出现的人或物)这个,一个 In spoken English, people use
this to introduce a person or thing into a story.
(叙述时引出新出现的人或物)这个,一个 -
I came here by chance and was just watching what was going on, when this girl attacked me.
我碰巧来到这儿,正看着热闹,突然一个女孩袭击了我。
-
So I just walked up the steps into this big, beautiful church.
于是我就拾级而上,走进了这座漂亮的大教堂。
5 PRON 这个,这位(尤指所触碰或指向的离自己较近的人或物,有两个以上时,用于指最近的一个) You use
this to refer to a person or thing that is near you, especially when you touch them or point to them. When there are two or more people or things near you,
this refers to the nearest one.
这个,这位(尤指所触碰或指向的离自己较近的人或物,有两个以上时,用于指最近的一个) -
'If you'd prefer something else I'll gladly have it changed for you.' — 'No, this is great.'.
“您要是喜欢别的,我很乐意帮您调换一下。”—“不用了,这个挺好。”
-
'Is this what you were looking for?' Bradley produced the handkerchief.
“你刚才找的是不是这个?”布拉德利掏出那块手绢。
-
This is my colleague, Mr Arnold Landon.
这位是我的同事,阿诺德·兰登先生。
This is also a determiner.
6 PRON 这个,这(指代正在发生或刚刚发生的与自己有关的一般情况、活动或事件) You use
this when you refer to a general situation, activity, or event which is happening or has just happened and which you feel involved in.
这个,这(指代正在发生或刚刚发生的与自己有关的一般情况、活动或事件) -
I thought, this is why I've travelled thousands of miles.
我想,这就是我为何不远千里赶来的原因。
-
Tim, this is awful. I know what you must think, but it's not so.
蒂姆,这可糟了。我知道你心里在想什么,但实际情况不是这样的。
-
Is this what you want to do with the rest of your life?
这就是你后半辈子想要做的事情吗?
7 DET 这,该,此(指当前所处地点或时间) You use
this when you refer to the place you are in now or to the present time.
这,该,此(指当前所处地点或时间) -
We've stopped transporting weapons to this country by train.
我们已停止用火车向该国运送武器。
-
This place is run like a hotel ought to be run.
这个地方的经营方式就是旅馆应该有的样子。
-
I think coffee is probably the best thing at this point.
我认为此时喝杯咖啡是最赞的了。
-
Nothing seems certain in this crucial period in Pakistan's political life.
在巴基斯坦政治历史上的这个紧要关头,一切皆非定数。
This is also a pronoun.
-
This is the worst place I've come across.
这是我见过的最差的地方。
-
This could have been one of the coldest golf tournaments on record.
这很可能是高尔夫锦标赛比赛史上天气最为寒冷的一次。
8 DET 本,今,这个,下一个(指接下来将要发生某事的特定时间) You use
this to refer to the next occurrence in the future of a particular day, month, season, or festival.
本,今,这个,下一个(指接下来将要发生某事的特定时间) -
...this Sunday's 7.45 performance.
本周日 7 点 45 分的表演
-
We're getting married this June.
我们准备今年 6 月结婚。
-
Jordan's own-label collection of sweatshirts, T-shirts and caps will be available this Christmas.
乔丹自有品牌的运动衫、T恤衫和帽子系列将于今年圣诞节上市。
9 ADV [ADVERB adjective] 这么,这样(用于用手比划大小、形状时) You use
this when you are indicating the size or shape of something with your hands.
这么,这样(用于用手比划大小、形状时) 10 ADV [ADV adv] 这么,这样(用于说明自己知道或能告知的内容) You use
this when you are going to specify how much you know or how much you can tell someone.
这么,这样(用于说明自己知道或能告知的内容) -
I am not going to reveal what my seven-year plan is, but I will tell you this much, if it works out, the next seven years will be very interesting.
我不想透露我的七年计划的具体内容,不过有一点可以告诉你,如果顺利实施,今后的七年将非常有意义。
11 CONVENTION 是这样;确实 If you say
this is it, you are agreeing with what someone else has just said.
是这样;确实 [formulae] -
'You know, people conveniently forget the things they say.' — 'Well this is it.'
“你知道,人们会选择性地忘记自己说过的话。”—“嗯,是这样。”
12 PRON (用于电话、广播或电视中,表明身份或所代表的机构)我是,这里是 You use
this in order to say who you are or what organization you are representing, when you are speaking on the telephone, radio, or television.
(用于电话、广播或电视中,表明身份或所代表的机构)我是,这里是 -
Hello, this is John Thompson.
喂,我是约翰·汤普森。
-
'Hello, is this Raymond Brown?' — 'Yeah, who's this?'.
“喂,是雷蒙德·布朗吗?”—“对,您是哪位?”
-
This is NPR, National Public Radio.
这里是NPR,国家公共电台。
13 DET 这个(指说话、写作时的媒介) You use
this to refer to the medium of communication that you are using at the time of speaking or writing.
这个(指说话、写作时的媒介) -
What I'm going to do in this lecture is focus on something very specific.
我在今天的讲座中将主要探讨一些非常具体的问题。
-
What a book can do, and what this one will try to accomplish, is to present examples of how life can be made more enjoyable.
一本书能做到的,也是本书努力实现的,就是列举一些例子说明如何让生活变得更加愉快。
-
Later in this chapter, I recommend several specific steps we need to take.
在本章后面部分,我将提出几个我们需要采取的具体步骤。
15 PHRASE 各种各样的东西;这样那样 If you say that you are doing or talking about
this and that, or
this, that, and the other you mean that you are doing or talking about a variety of things that you do not want to specify.
各种各样的东西;这样那样 -
'And what are you doing now?' — 'Oh this and that.'
“那你现在在做什么呢?”—“哦,瞎忙。”
-
I want to make a point about all these charges going up, water rates and all this that and the other.
我想就水费及其他各种各样费用的上涨谈谈看法。
View usage for:All yearsLast 10 yearsLast 50 yearsLast 100 yearsLast 300 years