1QUEST (用于疑问句)什么时候,何时 You use when to ask questions about the time at which things happen. (用于疑问句)什么时候,何时
When are you going home?.
你什么时候回家?
When did you get married?.
你什么时候结的婚?
When is the press conference?.
记者招待会何时举行?
When were you in this house last?.
你最后一次在这房子里是什么时候?
'I'll be there this afternoon.' — 'When?'
“我今天下午会去那里。”—“什么时间?”
2CONJ-SUBORD (表示两事同时发生)在…时,当…时 If something happens when something else is happening, the two things are happening at the same time. (表示两事同时发生)在…时,当…时
When eating a whole cooked fish, you should never turn it over to get at the flesh on the other side.
吃一整条鱼时,切忌把它翻过来去吃另一面的肉。
Mustard is grown in the field when weeds are there, rather than when the growing crops are there.
芥菜要在地里长杂草而不是长庄稼时种植。
3CONJ-SUBORD (引导从句,表示某事发生于另一活动、事件或情形期间)在…的过程中 You use when to introduce a clause in which you mention something which happens at some point during an activity, event, or situation. (引导从句,表示某事发生于另一活动、事件或情形期间)在…的过程中
When I met the Gills, I had been gardening for nearly ten years.
遇到吉尔一家时我已经做了近10年的园艺工作。
4CONJ-SUBORD (引导从句,说明主句动作已经发生或将要发生时的情况)其时 You use when to introduce a clause where you mention the circumstances under which the event in the main clause happened or will happen. (引导从句,说明主句动作已经发生或将要发生时的情况)其时
When he brought Imelda her drink she gave him a genuine, sweet smile of thanks.
当他把饮料拿给艾梅尔达时,她真诚而甜美地向他微笑以示感谢。
I'll start to think about it when I have to write my report.
我要写报告时会对此予以考虑的。
5CONJ-SUBORD (尤用于动词和形容词后引导从句,表示某事发生的时间)什么时候,何时 You use when after certain words, especially verbs and adjectives, to introduce a clause where you mention the time at which something happens. (尤用于动词和形容词后引导从句,表示某事发生的时间)什么时候,何时
I asked him when he'd be back to pick me up.
我问他什么时候回来接我。
I don't know when the decision was made.
我不知道决定是什么时候作出的。
It is important to check when the laboratory can do the tests.
核实一下实验室何时可以进行这些测试是很重要的。
6PRON-REL (用于引导从句,限定或指示某事发生的时间)…的时候 You use when to introduce a clause which specifies or refers to the time at which something happens. (用于引导从句,限定或指示某事发生的时间)…的时候
He could remember a time when he had worked like that himself.
他还能记得自己一度工作起来也是那个样子。
She remembered clearly that day when she'd gone exploring the rockpools.
她清楚地记得她去岩石区潮水潭探险的那天。
In 1973, when he lived in Rome, his sixteen-year-old son was kidnapped.
1973年他在罗马居住时,他16岁的儿子遭到了绑架。
7CONJ-SUBORD (用于引出某个观点、评论或问题的原因)既然,考虑到 You use when to introduce the reason for an opinion, comment, or question. (用于引出某个观点、评论或问题的原因)既然,考虑到
How can I love myself when I look like this?.
我这个样子,怎么能对自己满意呢?
Emerald starlings are fairly small when compared with other such birds.
与同类的其他鸟相比,翠辉椋鸟要小很多。
8CONJ-SUBORD (用于引出使句子的其他部分显得让人吃惊或不大可能的事实或评论)虽然,然而,可是 You use when in order to introduce a fact or comment which makes the other part of the sentence rather surprising or unlikely. (用于引出使句子的其他部分显得让人吃惊或不大可能的事实或评论)虽然,然而,可是
Our mothers sat us down to read and paint, when all we really wanted to do was to make a mess.
我们的母亲让我们坐下来读书和画画,而我们真正想做的却是打打闹闹。
The temperature sensor is making the computer think the engine is cold when, in fact, it's hot.