1 ADV [be ADVERB] [ADVERB after verb] 在这里;在这儿 You use
here when you are referring to the place where you are.
在这里;在这儿 -
I'm here all by myself and I know I'm going to get lost.
这里只有我一个人,我知道我会迷路的。
-
Well, I can't stand here chatting all day.
好了,我不能一整天就站在这里闲聊。
-
...the growing number of skiers that come here.
越来越多到这里来的滑雪者
-
Sheila was in here a minute ago.
希拉刚才还在这里。
-
My name is Roseanne and I'm in here for heroin addiction.
我的名字叫罗丝安妮,我是因为吸食海洛因上瘾来到这里的。
-
I'm not going to stay here. I'm out of here, back down to San Diego.
我不会呆在这里。我要离开这儿,回到圣迭戈。
-
When Mommy comes, just tell her I'm up here.
妈妈来了就告诉她我在这上面。
SYN in or at this place, on this spot, in or at this location
2 ADV [ADVERB after verb] [be ADVERB] 在此处(指所指向的地方) You use
here when you are pointing towards a place that is near you, in order to draw someone else's attention to it.
在此处(指所指向的地方) -
...if you will just sign here.
请在这里签字
-
Come and sit here, Lauren.
过来坐这里,劳伦。
-
'From there, pulling a line to here,' he said, making invisible drawings in the air.
“从那里拉一根绳到这里,”他一边说,一边在空中比划着。
-
'It's on the right-hand side of the shopping centre.' — 'Okay. Fine.' —'Oh it's here.'
“它在购物中心的右侧。”—“好的。”—“哦,在这里。”
3 ADV [n ADVERB, ADVERB after verb] 在身边;在手里 You use
here in order to indicate that the person or thing that you are talking about is near you or is being held by you.
在身边;在手里 -
My friend here writes for radio.
我这位朋友是个电台撰稿人。
-
I have here at my side Mr. Glenn Williams.
我身边这位是格伦·威廉斯先生。
-
I have a little book here by a lady called Mystic Meg.
我手里有本小书,是一个叫“神秘梅格”的女士写的。
4 ADV [n ADVERB, ADVERB after verb] 在人世间 You use
here to refer to people in general and their life on Earth.
在人世间 -
...where we have come from, where we are going to, or what our purpose here is, if any.
我们从哪里来,到哪里去,或者倘若我们活在人世间有何目的的话,这个目的是什么
-
Who are we? What are we doing here?
我们是谁?我们在人世间做什么?
5 ADV 来此(做…) If you say that you are
here to do something, that is your role or function.
来此(做…) 6 ADV [ADV with be, ADVERB before verb] (用于引起注意)…来了,…到了 You use
here in order to draw attention to something or someone who has just arrived in the place where you are, or to draw attention to the place you have just arrived at.
(用于引起注意)…来了,…到了 -
'Here's the taxi,' she said politely.
“出租车来了,”她礼貌地说。
-
'Mr Cummings is here,' she said, holding the door open.
“卡明斯先生来了,”她把门敞着说道。
-
Here comes your husband.
你丈夫过来了。
-
'Okay, here we are,' she said, and inserted her key in the lock.
“好了,我们到了,”她说,然后把钥匙插进锁里。
-
Here's my apartment.
我的公寓到了。
7 ADV [ADVERB with verb] 在这一点上;在这一阶段;在这一方面 You use
here to refer to a particular point or stage of a situation or subject that you have come to or that you are dealing with.
在这一点上;在这一阶段;在这一方面 -
Both sides will have to sell the agreement to their people. It's here that the real test will come.
双方都必须要让各自的民众接受这项协议。真正的考验就在这里。
-
It's here that we come up against the difference of approach.
我们就是在这一点上面临方法上的分歧。
-
The book goes into recent work in greater detail than I have attempted here.
与我在这方面的尝试相比,这本书对近期研究的介绍更为详尽。
-
Here I think it is appropriate to draw your attention to one very specific feature of socialism.
谈到这里,我认为应该适时地提醒大家注意社会主义的一个非常明确的特征。
8 ADV [ADVERB before verb, ADV with be] 这时;此刻 You use
here to refer to a period of time, a situation, or an event that is present or happening now.
这时;此刻 SYN now,
at this point,
at this time,
at this moment 9 ADV (用在句首以引起注意或引出介绍)下面,以下 You use
here at the beginning of a sentence in order to draw attention to something or to introduce something.
(用在句首以引起注意或引出介绍)下面,以下 -
From Nairobi here's our East Africa correspondent, Colin Blane.
以下是我们来自内罗毕的东非记者科林·布兰的报道。
-
Here is a summer soup that is almost a meal in itself.
接下来是一道几乎可以抵作一餐的夏季汤品。
-
Now here's what I want you to do.
听着,现在这是我想让你做的事。
-
So here's what I think.
我就说说我的看法。
10 ADV 给(对方) You use
here when you are offering or giving something to someone.
给(对方) -
You know you can phone me — here's my mother's number.
你可以给我打电话—给你,这是我母亲的电话号码。
-
Here's your coffee, just the way you like it.
给你的咖啡,按你的口味冲的。
-
Here's my card. You know where to find me.
这是我的名片。你知道哪里能找到我。
-
Here's some letters I want you to sign.
这里有几封信要你签字。
-
Here's your cash.
这是您的现金。
11 PHRASE (表示接下来对某人性格或处境的描述出人意料)看看,瞧瞧 You say '
here we
are' or '
here you
are' when the statement that you are making about someone's character or situation is unexpected.
(表示接下来对某人性格或处境的描述出人意料)看看,瞧瞧 -
Here you are, saying these terrible things.
看看你,说这些难听的话。
-
Here we are, pretending we're winning.
瞧瞧我们,装出一副胜利者的姿态。
12 CONVENTION 找到了; 这就是了 You say '
here we are' when you have just found something that you have been looking for.
找到了; 这就是了 13 CONVENTION (表示即将开始做或说困难或令人不快的事)这就开始 You say '
here goes' when you are about to do or say something difficult or unpleasant.
(表示即将开始做或说困难或令人不快的事)这就开始 -
Dr Culver nervously muttered 'Here goes,' and gave the little girl an injection.
卡尔弗医生紧张地嘟囔了一句“要打了啊”,然后就给小女孩打了一针。
14 PHRASE (尤指令人不快的事)又发生了,又来了 You use expressions such as '
here we go' and '
here we go again' in order to indicate that something is happening again in the way that you expected, especially something unpleasant.
(尤指令人不快的事)又发生了,又来了 [informal] -
'Police! Open up!' — 'Oh well,' I thought, 'here we go.'.
“警察!开门!”—“哎呀。”我想,“又来了。”
-
At first, he was told he was too young and I thought, 'Oh, boy, here we go again.'.
起先,他被告知他太年轻了,我心想,“哎,又是老一套。”
-
Here I go again, confusing the issue.
我又把问题搞得更复杂了。
15 PHRASE 此时此刻;目前;眼下 You use
here and now to emphasize that something is happening at the present time, rather than in the future or past, or that you would like it to happen at the present time.
此时此刻;目前;眼下 [emphasis] -
I'm a practicing physician trying to help people here and now.
我是一名此时此刻只想治病救人的执业医师。
-
Instead of staying in the here and now, you bring up similar instances from the past.
你没有紧扣眼前所发生的事,而是只提出了一些过去的类似事例。
16 PHRASE 在各处;零散地 If something happens
here and there, it happens in several different places.
在各处;零散地 17 CONVENTION (祝酒词)为我们干杯/为你的新工作干杯 You use expressions such as '
here's to us' and '
here's to your new job' before drinking a toast in order to wish someone success or happiness.
(祝酒词)为我们干杯/为你的新工作干杯 [formulae] View usage for:All yearsLast 10 yearsLast 50 yearsLast 100 yearsLast 300 years