2PHRASE 稍微;稍稍;有点儿A bit means to a small extent or degree. It is sometimes used to make a statement less extreme. 稍微;稍稍;有点儿
This girl was a bit strange.
这个女孩有点儿古怪。
I think people feel a bit more confident.
我想人们应该觉得稍微自信了一点儿。
She looks a bit like his cousin Maureen.
她长得有点儿像他表姐莫琳。
That sounds a bit technical.
那听起来有点儿专业。
Isn't that a bit harsh?
那不是有些太残酷了吗?
3PHRASE 有点儿;有几分;稍微 You can use a bit of to make a statement less forceful. For example, the statement 'It's a bit of a nuisance' is less forceful than 'It's a nuisance'. 有点儿;有几分;稍微 [vagueness]
It's all a bit of a mess.
有点儿乱七八糟。
Students have always been portrayed as a bit of a joke.
学生们总是被描述为有点儿可笑的人。
This comes as a bit of a disappointment.
这有点儿让人失望。
4PHRASE 很多;相当多;相当大Quite a bit means quite a lot. 很多;相当多;相当大
They're worth quite a bit of money.
它们值不少钱。
Things have changed quite a bit.
情况发生了相当大的变化。
He's quite a bit older than me.
他的年纪比我大不少。
5PHRASE 稍微(多或少一些) You use a bit before 'more' or 'less' to mean a small amount more or a small amount less. 稍微(多或少一些)
I still think I have a bit more to offer.
我还是认为我能再稍微多付出一点儿。
Maybe we'll hear a little bit less noise.
也许我们听到的噪音会稍微少一点儿。
...a bit more than half the total official debt.
略微超过官方债务总额的一半
6PHRASE 一会儿,片刻(英国英语中亦用for a bit) If you do something a bit, you do it for a short time. In British English, you can also say that you do something for a bit . 一会儿,片刻(英国英语中亦用for a bit)
Let's wait a bit.
我们等一会儿吧。
I hope there will be time to talk a bit.
我希望能有时间谈一谈。
That should keep you busy for a bit.
那件事会让你忙上一小阵子。
7N-COUNT 小部分;小块;片段 A bit of something is a small part or section of it. 小部分;小块;片段 [mainly British] [mainly British]
That's the bit of the meeting that I missed. [+ of]
9N-COUNT (一组事物中的)一个,一项,一件 You can use bit to refer to a particular item or to one of a group or set of things. For example, a bit of information is an item of information. (一组事物中的)一个,一项,一件
There was one bit of vital evidence which helped win the case. [+ of]
一个关键的证据帮助打赢了这场官司。
Not one single bit of work has been started towards the repair of this road. [+ of]
这条路的修缮工作一丁点儿都还没开始。
10N-SING [the supp N](表示不重要)所有相关的零七碎八 You use bit in expressions such as the charity bit and the whole marriage bit to refer to everything that is involved in something, when you do not think it is important. (表示不重要)所有相关的零七碎八 [informal, disapproval]
11N-COUNT 位,比特(计算机的最小信息量单位) In computing, a bit is the smallest unit of information that is held in a computer's memory. It is either 1 or 0. Several bits form a byte. 位,比特(计算机的最小信息量单位)
12N-COUNT 12.5美分 A bit is 12 1/2 cents; mainly used in expressions such as two bits, which means 25 cents, or four bits, which means 50 cents. 12.5美分 [US]
13N-COUNT 马嚼子;马衔 A bit is a piece of metal that is held in a horse's mouth and is used to control the horse when you are riding. 马嚼子;马衔
14Bit is the past tense of bite.
15PHRASE 一点点地;逐渐地 If something happens bit by bit, it happens in stages. 一点点地;逐渐地
Bit by bit I began to understand what they were trying to do.
16PHRASE 急欲摆脱束缚做事;急于开始 If someone is champing at the bit or is chomping at the bit, they are very impatient to do something, but they are prevented from doing it, usually by circumstances that they have no control over. 急欲摆脱束缚做事;急于开始
I expect you're champing at the bit, so we'll get things going as soon as we can.
我希望你努力打开局面,这样我们就能尽快把事情做起来。
17PHRASE 尽微薄之力;尽一份力 If you do your bit, you do something that, to a small or limited extent, helps to achieve something. 尽微薄之力;尽一份力
19PHRASE 完全和…一样…;…程度丝毫不逊色于… You say that one thing is every bit as good, interesting, or important as another to emphasize that the first thing is just as good, interesting, or important as the second. 完全和…一样…;…程度丝毫不逊色于… [emphasis]
My dinner jacket is every bit as good as his.
我的晚礼服和他的一样好。
20PHRASE 有点儿过分;不合情理 If you say that something is a bit much, you are annoyed because you think someone has behaved in an unreasonable way. 有点儿过分;不合情理 [mainly British, informal, feelings]
It's a bit much expecting me to dump your boyfriend for you.
指望我替你甩掉你的男朋友,有点儿过分了吧?
21PHRASE 一点儿也不;毫不 You use not a bit when you want to make a strong negative statement. 一点儿也不;毫不 [mainly British, emphasis]
I'm really not a bit surprised.
我真的一点儿也不觉得惊讶。
'Are you disappointed?'—'Not a bit.'
“你失望了吗?”—“一点儿也不。”
22PHRASE 并非如此;根本没有;一点儿没有 You say not a bit of it to emphasize that something that you might expect to be the case is not the case. 并非如此;根本没有;一点儿没有 [British, emphasis]
Did he give up? Not a bit of it!
他放弃了吗?根本没有!
23PHRASE 各种零碎东西;七零八碎的东西 You can use bits and pieces or bits and bobs to refer to a collection of different things. 各种零碎东西;七零八碎的东西 [informal]
24PHRASE (对工作等)满腔热忱,义无反顾 If you get the bit between your teeth, or take the bit between your teeth, you become very enthusiastic about a job you have to do. (对工作等)满腔热忱,义无反顾
25PHRASE 成为碎片 If something is smashed or blown to bits, it is broken into a number of pieces. If something falls to bits, it comes apart so that it is in a number of pieces. 成为碎片